Whole Foods Rosemary-Lime Wild Alaskan Salmon KabobsPosted by Moira on Jun 22, 2013 in Recipes & Tips | 0 comments
Taken from the Whole Foods Website Recipe Section, these kabobs look delicious. A definite must try this summer!
- 1 pound wild salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (about 2 small sprigs) chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in water 10 minutes
Place salmon, zucchini, bell pepper and onion in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Whisk together garlic, rosemary, olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour mixture over salmon and vegetables, toss and marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill or broiler. Skewer the salmon and vegetables, reserving marinade, and grill or broil 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender. While cooking, boil the marinade in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. Drizzle over skewers and serve.
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
380 calories (230 from fat), 27g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 27g protein
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Conscious
- Wheat Free